What is the average price range for window film installation?
Window film can be a very price efficient solution for many different residential or commercial issues that may arise. However, just how cost-effective it is may not be common knowledge to a lot of people. There are of course certain factors in play that will affect the price. The first thing to consider will be what problem you need your window film to solve.
- Solar Film: Designed to help specifically with glare reduction, UV protection, and climate control.
- Price Range: $8.00 – $13.00 per sq. ft.
- Security Film: Designed to help window glass remain intact during hurricanes, high winds, snow storms, and potential break-in attempts.
- $7.00 – $9.00 per sq. ft. for the film only.
- Add $6.00 per linear ft for an Attachment System.
- Frosted / Privacy / Decorative: Tailored more towards aesthetics and privacy.
- $7.00 – $9.00 for basic frosted films.
- $8.00 – $12.00 for decorative films with patterns, design, color, etc.
Please note that costs are for budget purposes only.
What are some of the other factors that affect price fluctuation?
Once you have decided on what type of window film best suits your needs, there are a number of other things you may want to consider that could affect your final price.
- Travel time to the job: General Solar is located in Gaithersburg, MD but we serve clients in Washington DC, Montgomery County, Rockville and Bethesda, Maryland, and surrounding areas.
- Jobsite conditions: The site should be clean. We typically apply window film after construction is complete. Additionally, will there be blinds, curtains, shades, door handles, etc. to work around?
- Access to glass: How hard will the glass be to get to? This determines whether or not the job will require ladders, scaffolding, or lifts.
- Size of the glass: Small french panes cost more, and large panes may require a splice.
- Is there film removal? Removal costs range from $3.00 – $4.50 depending on the type of film.
- Type of cuts needed: Will we be applying smaller bands or full coverage?
- Condition / Age of glass
- Skylights cost more: The skylights that are hard to access must be flat glass, and we can’t film plexiglass.
Despite all the different factors that go into window film pricing, you can see that it still turns out to be a cost-effective way to solve your problems. We have been installing window film in Washington D.C. and Maryland for 50 years so if you have any questions at all, please feel free to reach out!
General Solar Company has been one of the highest regarded window film companies in the Washington DC area for 50 years. In that time, we have built a reputation for professionalism, integrity, and exceptional service. We serve clients in Washington DC, Montgomery County, Rockville and Bethesda, Maryland, and surrounding areas. To schedule an appointment for a free estimate, give us a call today or contact us using this form.